no, this is not a hual. but rather a picture of the products that i have to throw away :(( i didn't even realize they had expired already :(( huge thanks to frances for her post!! i didn't really know about the PAO symbol. it tells you how many months u can use the product after opening it for the first time.
after reading it, i literally went thru all my makeup and skincare products. it's a good thing i've kept a list of my expenses through the past years (since 2006), so i was still able to backtrack when i bought what. now i've labeled everything.
with a heavy heart, i'm going to put all those other products in the trash. even if most of them still have 50 - 75% left :( yes, it really is a shame. but better that than for me to develop skin allergies or rashes. if anything, this experience has taught me
- not to haul makeup/skin care products anymore (yes! i shall turn over a new leaf :P)
- to be more aware of a product's expiration date (admittedly i've been really, really naive about this)
- mascara: 3 - 6 months
- liquid liner: 6 months
- liquids and creams (i.e foundation): 12 - 18 months
- lipstick/lipgloss: 1- 2 years
- mail polish: 1-2 years
- powders (i.e eye shadows/blushes): 2 - 3 years
- pencils (i.e lip liner/eye liner): 2-3 years
- perfume: 2-3 years