4 Things You Should Know About Breast Cancer:
- Breast cancer affects teens as young as 15 and women as old as 54, but incidence and death increase with age.
- Breast cancer remains a leading cause of death for Filipino women.
- Studies showed that only 5% of breast cancer cases are hereditary, although a woman's risk is higher if she has a relative suffering from the disease.
- You may be healthy now, but it helps to protect yourself from the disease this early by exercising regularly, limiting your alcohol intake, maintaining a balanced diet, and avoiding exposure to toxic chemicals and environmental pollutants.
- Thickening near your armpit.
- Scaling around the areola.
- A puckered texture.
- Changes in color.
- An inverted nipple.